- Who are Ecovacs?
- TECH SPECS
- First start-up and Ecovacs app
- Battery life
- Impressions of use
Based on the original price and features, this is a pre-premium segment vacuum cleaner.
The company identifies as selling features:
- Dry and wet cleaning.
- Quiet routine cleaning, no louder than normal conversation.
- An abundance of sensors that allow the robot not to fall from a height or automatically increase the suction power when driving onto a carpet.
- Laser navigation system Smart Navi 3.0, which allows you to create a map with zones.
- Algorithms plan the most efficient cleaning route, taking into account the specifics of your apartment.
- The ability to create virtual walls and restricted areas, as well as selective areas for cleaning.
- Turbo suction mode, double the power.
- Robot control via Google Home.
- Resuming cleaning from the same place after recharging.
Ecovacs DEEBOT OZMO 900 now has an interesting offer. On the official website they sell for 34 rubles, but in M.Video and Eldorado it can be found for 990 rubles, and on Ozon in general for 26 rubles. In other “white” retail, the robot is worth its due price. So be aware.
Who are Ecovacs?
A small insert about Ecovacs, since, for example, I had not heard about such a company before I started getting acquainted with robotic vacuum cleaners.
It has existed since 1998 and is traded on the stock exchange. Covers 60% of the robot market in China. Not the robot vacuum cleaner market, but the entire robot market! Ecovacs has fun products. For example, a robotic air purifier. He rolls around the apartment and cleans the air. Ecovacs also makes robots that accompany in the store during shopping. Like, you can say whether a sweater suits you or not, you can pay for it (if I understood correctly from Chinese). The company has a strong artificial intelligence laboratory, and for some reason it even collaborated with the US Military Academy in West Point.
|Control type||smartphone app|
|Type of cleaning||dry + wet cleaning with controlled water supply|
|Suction power||50 W|
|Dust collection system||V-shaped floating turbo brush + 2 side brushes|
|Cleaning speed:||20 km m in 20 minutes|
|Battery||Li-Ion 3000 mAh|
|Battery life / charging time||100 minutes, 240 minutes full charge|
|Dust collector volume||350 ml. + there is a notification that the dust container should be emptied|
|Water container volume||240 ml. + reminder to rinse the cloth|
|Maximum obstacle height||1.8 см|
|Noise level||67.5 dB|
|Orientation in space (sensors)||Lidar / Laser / Infrared sensors / Optical sensors|
|Other sensors||obstacle sensor, step detection|
|filters||output HEPA filter, microfilter|
|Orientation||Drawing up a floor plan|
|Other functions||Carpet avoidance function during wet cleaning
Enhanced suction power when carpet is detected
OZMO cleaning technology
Continuing cleaning after recharging from the point of stop
Create your own cleaning schedule + with the choice of specific rooms or zones (Smart Navi ™ 3.0 NAVIGATION)
Setting up cleaning zones (creating “virtual walls”)
|Voice control:||Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa support|
|dimensions||337х337х95 mm, weight 3.5 kg|
|Price, rub.)||34 990 rubles|
The box contains:
- Robot DEEBOT OZMO 900
- charging station
- wet cleaning tank
- 4 side brushes (2 at once and set and 2 spare)
- 1 V-shaped brush
- 2 dust filters
- cloth for wet cleaning
- robot brush with blade
There is a sticker on the robot with a link to the application. The application keeps track of consumables.
Robot Maintenance Brush
The easiest way to order consumables is on Aliexpress, where it is cheaper and easier. The charging station is identical to that of the older model Ozmo 950, as are the side brushes with a V-shaped brush. But the filter, cloth for wet cleaning, containers for water and dust are different.
Robot slogan: knows more, cleans brilliantly. And a fun fact. The top in the Ecovacs lineup is considered the Ozmo 960 robot (super-advanced, with a huge camera on the nose, allowing it to go around slippers). So he has a slogan: he thinks more than you. Immediately the picture was drawn. You come home, and it’s dirty. Why didn’t you get out? And the robot is like this: yes, I was thinking, it’s all empty, I bought Apple shares here, we will raise money, we will hire a housekeeper!
So, the Ozmo 900 looks pretty typical. Only the “tower”, which houses the laser navigation system, stands out. Together with the visor slightly pressed into the body, behind which there are sensors, and the “tower”, the robot resembles a futuristic tank.
The robot itself is made of a combination of white and gray plastic.
The top panel can be folded back. It is made of glossy white plastic, but the material is good. Fingerprints are invisible. But the dust is noticeable. You look and you want to wipe the robot after cleaning. Under the top panel there is a space for a dust container. There’s also a power switch and a reset button.
The dust container is equipped with a handle for convenience. It’s funny how they approached the issue of cutting “premium” in comparison with the Ozmo 950. In the older robot, the lid for emptying the container opens by pressing a button, in the younger one you need to pick up the latch. And for the Xiaomi vacuum cleaner, which has been tested before and is even cheaper, you just need to make an effort to the dust collector cover. No buttons or latches, just brute force.
Ecovacs DEEBOT OZMO 900 has a sensor: the robot will not go anywhere without a dust collector. A nice detail is that the inlet of the dust collector is covered with a plastic door. When there is a draft of air, it is open. This is convenient as it means that collected dust and debris will not spill out when the container is taken out.
The container has a fine filter. The filter is additionally covered with a thin strip of foam rubber. Thanks to this, it is convenient to knock it out: I hit it a couple of times on the side of the bath, and all the dust fell out.
On the back of the robot there is a 340 ml water container. Its highlight is that water is supplied to the rag using a pump. Cheaper robots use a drip system. When a pallet with a rag clings to the container and there is water in it, the robot begins to do wet cleaning. The location of the container is convenient. It can be attached and removed on the go when the robot is rolling on the floor.
The bottom of the robot is made of dense black plastic, resistant to scratches. Sensors are located along the entire perimeter, protecting from falls. The side brushes are color coded to match the colors of the holders. You will not mix it up during installation.
There is a V-shaped brush under the protective cover. Comes with a comb and blade, which should be used for regular brush cleaning. It is convenient for them to remove coiled hair. But in general, the design of the robot is such that everything falls into the dust collector, and does not wind up on the brush. Also included is a nozzle cover for use without a brush.
First start-up and Ecovacs app
You need to download the proprietary ECOVACS application (there is a link in the instructions), after which you just need to scan the QR code from the sticker on the robot body. The sticker is duplicated twice – outside and inside. If there is no sticker, you can add it manually. Then follow the instructions. By default, the application selects the main language of the smartphone, mine is English, if you have Russian, it will be in Russian.
I still have an application from testing the OZMO 950, so in my case the addition was reduced to scanning a sticker, after which I had to hold down the “Reset” button for a second in order for the robot to receive the Wi-Fi password.
During the first cleaning, the robot thoughtfully examined the apartment, proposing to divide it into 4 zones. Accordingly, later in the application, you can ask the robot to remove only one specific area or set the cleaning order – first the kitchen, then the hallway, etc.
In the application settings, you can set:
- suction power – maximum or standard
- water supply mode – low, medium, large
- auto-boost suction when carpet is detected
- Do not disturb mode. When this option is enabled, the robot will not perform even the scheduled cleaning.
- You can create a cleaning schedule (days, hours, regularity)
- Cleaning history
- Accessories consumption statistics. A certain operating time is set for each brush and filter. In my opinion, the most important thing here is the filter. The condition of the brushes can be visually assessed.
- Volume and language settings for the robot to talk about the state of affairs. I recommend installing Japanese, then when the robot reports that it is stuck, something samurai will appear in its intonations with a hint of decisiveness to commit hara-kiri because it failed. This adds drama.
- In the application, you can set cleaning zones and forbidden zones
In the application, you can monitor the robot in real time. The robot only connects to Wi-Fi at 2.4 GHz. This is to improve reliability. The 5.0 GHz band is faster, but it has a shorter range, so all home appliances prefer 2.4 GHz.
The official specifications indicate 100 minutes and work. In the standard cleaning mode, everything is so. If you set the maximum thrust and maximum water flow, then the robot will work for 50 minutes.
Full charge time is 4 hours. The robot has the function of returning to charge when the battery is low and continuing cleaning from where it left off.
Impressions of use
- The quality of cleaning the robot at its own expense. It collects dust and debris better than Xiaomi, but worse than the more expensive Ozmo 950.
- In standard cleaning mode, the robot is really very quiet.
- The suction power is increased when carpet is detected.
- The dust box and water container are cleverly positioned. Easy to remove and clean.
- From time to time, the robot changes the cleaning route. For example, initially he cleaned all the rooms in sequence, but now the shoe mat in the hallway always cleans at the very end. Sometimes he can clean only half of the room, leave and clean half of the kitchen, then return to finish the room, and then the kitchen. I also watched how, after the standard zigzags, the robot twice rode across the room cross to cross. Apparently, such tricks are meant by the advertising phrase that the robot adapts to cleaning in your apartment.
- During wet cleaning, the robot avoids the mat.
- The side brushes do a great job with dust, but if you scattered something large, such as rice, then it is better to remove them, since the brushes will scatter the rice. At the same time, the robot realizes this and goes to where the grains fly away. But it is easier to unhook the brushes, and in the application draw the “affected area” that the robot should remove.
After each cleaning, dust slightly settles on the robot body, but it does not affect the operation of the sensors
- I used to disapprove of the side brushes, but they have an undeniable plus. They perfectly extract dust from under the baseboard, from the cracks in the parquet and from under the furniture. But if you release the robot to collect spilled buckwheat, then it is better to remove the brushes. Spilled coffee and flour, on the contrary, are best collected with brushes.
- The older robot OZMO 950 had the function of creating multiple maps so that it could clean a house with floors. The only glitch for the entire period of operation was associated with it. For some reason, his perception of the map shifted, and he decided that my apartment was, after all, a multi-storey one. OZMO 900 does not have this function. Accordingly, for a month of testing, there are no complaints about the robot.
- I will single out as a separate item that during the month of testing, the vacuum cleaner consistently performed its functions on schedule – two cleanings: dry in the morning, wet in the afternoon. And nothing ever happened to him.
- If you leave the cable for charging the phone on the floor, the robot will either suck it in completely (if the cable is small) or stop and ask you to remove it, and then continue cleaning. Never try to pull on the cable by force. You can damage the door that prevents debris from spilling out when you remove the dust container.
- Zone cleaning is a thing. While I’m in the kitchen, the robot is cleaning the room. I regularly use this function, because otherwise it seems that the robot is somehow overly friendly. I go to the kitchen, he follows me. I went into the room, he rolled right after him. Thanks to zone cleaning, you can plan so as not to intersect with the robot.
- The height of the robot is 9.5 cm. This is the “tower” measurement. The main body is 8.5 cm. In my case, the robot does not touch anything and drives under all the bedside tables.
- The robot can be added to Google Home. Then just say: “Okay, Google, let the robot do business.”
- Robot maintenance is minimal. Clean the dust container, dust it once a week, clean the brush.
Ecovacs DEEBOT OZMO 900 is a quality robotic vacuum cleaner that vigilantly fulfills its functions. For a price of 25 thousand rubles, this is a gift. If we compare it with a xiaomist robot, which is officially estimated at 22 thousand rubles, then it is better to pay 3 thousand and take an Ozmo 900. And the quality of cleaning is a little better, and more functions and sensors, and the design is more thoughtful (at least in terms of removing water containers and dust).
I want to end with the thought that any robot vacuum cleaner is a necessary thing in the household. It helps not only to maintain cleanliness, but also to keep order. With a robot vacuum cleaner, you begin to make sure that things and books are not scattered on the floor. We can say that a vacuum cleaner has a positive effect on discipline.
I also want to emphasize that any robot vacuum cleaner is aimed at maintaining cleanliness. And if you are actively polluting the apartment with your whole family, and you also have a donkey, a goat and a club-toed bear living in your house, then no robot will help. I have already heard complaints about robotic vacuum cleaners that they cannot cope with the abundance of cat hair. The remark is quite reasonable. But the cat should be brushed regularly. If you buy a normal brush, the cat will enjoy this procedure.
If you do not have a robot vacuum cleaner, then consider purchasing one, or at least acquaintance. Try borrowing from friends for a week when they go on vacation.
Back to content >>>
we are in social networks:
Anything to add ?! Write … email@example.com