British Prime Minister Boris Johnson is one of those who publicly acknowledged the West’s mistakes on the issue of preventive sanctions. However, the politician knows how to admit mistakes, and even apologize for them. We decided to look at some of the stories associated with Johnson and Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as well as tell you about their working relationship.
1. In January 2022, it became known that the rating of the politician is rapidly falling. All because of the high-profile scandal associated with the parties that Johnson’s subordinates threw on Downing Street during the coronavirus pandemic, as well as on the day when Her Majesty was in mourning for her deceased husband, Prince Philip. Many then shouted that the prime minister should resign. But Boris not only did not leave, he found the courage to come to the carpet to the queen and personally apologize to her . Despite the fact that he himself was not present at the party.
2. In February, Boris Johnson said the Queen was demonstrating “unwavering loyalty” as she became the first British monarch to celebrate her 70th platinum jubilee. “Today marks a truly historic moment as Her Majesty the Queen becomes the first British monarch to celebrate a platinum jubilee. Throughout her seventy-year reign, she has demonstrated an inspiring sense of duty and unwavering devotion to this nation. I pay tribute to her many years of service and look forward to the summer when we we can come together as a nation to celebrate her historic reign,” Johnson said.
3. In connection with the statement above, the Prime Minister also supported calls to make the Platinum Jubilee celebration a permanent public holiday. As a reminder, celebrations in the UK and Commonwealth countries will be held from 2 to 5 June 2022.
4. Prime Minister Johnson attends a weekly audience with Queen Elizabeth II. Even the coronavirus pandemic hasn’t stopped it. The only difference is that personal receptions have become virtual. Formally, the monarch has legislative, executive and judicial power in the states that she heads, but in fact this role is more ceremonial. However, this does not mean that Elizabeth II is not aware of the events that are taking place in the country, on the contrary, she is always aware of simply acting on the advice of her Cabinet of Ministers. During her reign, Elizabeth II has experienced 14 British prime ministers and 14 American presidents.
5. Obviously, since the monarch is aware of everything that her Prime Minister and the British Parliament are doing, she is definitely aware of all the support that her country is now showing to Ukraine. The Queen herself during the war in Ukraine unleashed by Russia made a donation to one of the funds. Then the following message appeared on the organization’s Twitter: “Many thanks to Her Majesty the Queen for continuing to support the Committee for Emergency Situations and making a generous donation to the DEC Humanitarian Appeal of Ukraine. @RoyalFamily #UkraineAppeal”.
On another occasion, the Queen showed her support during an audience with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. During this meeting, Her Majesty had a vase with a composition of blue and yellow flowers on the table.
President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky, speaking today in the Verkhovna Rada, expressed gratitude to the Prime Minister and Her Majesty the Queen for supporting our country.