Mariupol remains the hottest spot in the Donetsk region. The city is destroyed and blocked by Russian invaders. They mock the locals, step up filtering measures and implement an information blockade.
TSN.ua collected everything that happened in Mariupol over the past day, May 12.
- Mariupol is being prepared for joining Russia: the mayor’s adviser named the likely date of the “referendum”
The Russian invaders are preparing to hold the so-called “referendum” on the annexation of Mariupol as part of the “DPR” to the Russian Federation. The possible date for the “refendum” is May 15. This was announced by the adviser to the mayor of Mariupol Petr Andryushchenko.
- Saving the defenders of Mariupol: Erdogan offered Shoigu the evacuation of the military, but he refused
The Turkish authorities offered Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu to evacuate the Ukrainian military from the Azovstal plant in Mariupol through the port in Berdyansk. It was proposed that until the end of the war these soldiers would be in Turkey. Shoigu refused such an offer and said that the Ukrainian military must surrender.
- Invaders continue to drop powerful bombs and rockets on Azovstal
Russian troops continue to attack the Mariupol plant “Azovstal”. Mayor’s adviser Petr Andryushchenko published a video of shelling and rocket attacks on the plant.
- Defenders of “Azovstal” are making attempts to counterattack the occupiers – adviser to the mayor of Mariupol
The Ukrainian defenders, who are at the Azovstal plant surrounded by the occupiers, continue to hold the line. Sometimes they even go on the counterattack. This was announced by the adviser to the mayor of Mariupol Petr Andryushchenko.
- Vereshchuk told the details about the rescue of seriously wounded soldiers from Azovstal
The Ukrainian side is negotiating with the Russian Federation on the evacuation of only 38 seriously wounded (lying) fighters who are at Azovstal in Mariupol. Vice Prime Minister – Minister for the Reintegration of the Temporarily Occupied Territories of Ukraine Irina Vereshchuk refuted the statements of a number of media outlets about the alleged exchange of 500 or 600 people.
- We were married for three days: the defender of Mariupol told her painful love story at Azovstal
The Ukrainian military defending Mariupol, Valeria with the call sign “Nava” and the border guard Andrei with the call sign “Beard” got married on the territory of the Azovstal plant. As a result of the fighting, the man died three days after his marriage. The defender of Mariupol told the story of their love.
- In Rozovka in Zaporozhye, the occupiers offer work in Mariupol on the rubble: they pay with rations
The Russians in the temporarily occupied territories are looking for those who want to dismantle the rubble in Mariupol. On the territory of the occupied Rozovskaya territorial community of the Zaporozhye region, people complain about the lack of work. Therefore, in the village there was an offer of invaders to work in Mariupol. This was reported in the Zaporozhye military administration.
Recall that the fighters of the Azov regiment, defending Mariupol, continue to knock out the Russian military from the positions they had previously captured on the territory of the Azovstal plant. The Russian occupiers constantly use aircraft, naval and cannon artillery, tanks and other weapons.