Mariupol remains the hottest spot in the Donetsk region. The city was destroyed by Russian invaders. It is impossible to revive it in the near future. The situation there is very difficult. Mariupol is on the verge of epidemic and environmental disasters.
TSN.ua collected everything that happened in Mariupol over the past day, May 23.
- Filtration and checkpoints: in Mariupol, Kadyrovites began to patrol the streets
In Mariupol, the Russian occupiers are strengthening the control regime. The streets of the city are patrolled by mobile groups from the Kadyrovites, said the adviser to the mayor, Petr Andryushchenko. The Russians introduced a new access system, set up roadblocks and began to patrol the city.
- Invaders want to take grain and rolled metal from the Mariupol port by rail
The invaders continue to rob and loot in Mariupol. Now the Russian invaders want to take out rolled metal products and the remains of grain by rail from the territory of the Mariupol port. To do this, they urgently began to repair the railway track.
- Published the names and photos of traitors from the Opposition Platform for Life, who help the invaders to destroy the city
Mariupol city authorities have published a list of traitors and collaborators who cooperate with the Russian occupiers, in particular, they were fire spotters. These are collaborators from the local faction of the Opposition Platform for Life party.
- The threat of an epidemic is growing in Mariupol: the city needs to evacuate residents
Mariupol, almost completely destroyed by Russian troops, needs another evacuation of residents. The city, as a result of the attacks of the invaders, found itself in a difficult humanitarian situation. In particular, there is a threat of epidemics in Mariupol.
- In Mariupol, people are equipping wells to find at least some water
In the center of Mariupol, locals are building makeshift wells to find at least some water. She is not drinking, but there is simply no other.
- Three subjects and Russification of education: what the invaders plan to do with schools in Mariupol
In Mariupol, the occupiers plan to completely Russify education from the new academic year, introducing their own standards. This was reported by the Commissioner of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine for Human Rights Lyudmila Denisova. As part of the “adaptation” to the transition to Russian programs, only three subjects will be taught in schools: Russian language and literature; Russian history and mathematics.
- More than 250 people were taken from Mariupol to the “filtration” camp in a day, including children
257 residents of Mariupol, including 30 children, were delivered from Mariupol to the “filtration” camp in the village of Bezymyannoye, Donetsk region, said Petr Andryushchenko, an adviser to the mayor. “Yesterday, 257 people, including 30 children, were deported from Mariupol to the village of Bezymyannoye,” he wrote.
- The Red Cross will not publish the data of prisoners from Azovstal: how can families find out about them
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) will not publish data on the Ukrainian military withdrawn from Azovstal and information on their number. Relatives of Azovstal soldiers can contact the ICRC’s Central Tracing Agency for information.
Recall that an English teacher from Mariupol told how she passed the filtration camp and was able to leave the city. However, the woman is still in the uncontrolled territory, therefore, for security reasons, her name is not disclosed.