This has never happened before: the top sales of Q3 2022 in India captured the Apple device

November 07, 2022, 14:01

Although India is one of the world’s largest markets for smartphones, its lion’s share is occupied by low-cost devices, due to the low income level of the population. It is not surprising that in such conditions, companies that produce “people’s” smartphones (primarily Xiaomi) flourished, while the premium class did not have much demand. However, the Q3 2022 market came as a surprise as Counterpoint Research found that the top-selling model in India was the base iPhone 13. This is the first time in history that an Apple smartphone has been the best-seller of the quarter.

Такого ещё не бывало: топ продаж Q3 2022 в Индии захватил девайс Apple
Такого ещё не бывало: топ продаж Q3 2022 в Индии захватил девайс Apple

However, this did not affect the overall state of affairs in the Indian market: the report notes a decrease in supplies by 11%, with total deliveries of just over 45 million units. Xiaomi retained its lead, although not without a drop in market share to 21% from 23% a year earlier. The dropped 2% went to the strengthened Samsung, and the branches of BBK in the face of Vivo, Realme and OPPO are marking time or slightly declining. Due to the success of the iPhone 13, Apple’s share has soared to a peak value of 5% in history, while in the premium segment it occupies as much as 40% of shipments. The remaining 60% is shared between Samsung and OnePlus. The Transsion conglomerate is also doing well, with its brands (itel, Infinix and Tecno) taking a total of 12% of the market.

Такого ещё не бывало: топ продаж Q3 2022 в Индии захватил девайс Apple
iPhone 13

© Vladimir Kovalev. mobile phone

Sourced from counterpointresearch.com

Related Posts

Samsung Galaxy S23 smartphones on “live” photos the day before the presentation

Thanks to numerous leaks, we know almost all the specifications of Samsung’s Galaxy S23 series smartphones, which will be officially announced tomorrow. And now live photos of…

Chinese nuclear weapons developer uses Intel and Nvidia hardware – despite being on US ‘export blacklist’ since 1997

The US continues to tighten restrictions on chip exports to China, but some companies have been on the US blacklist for decades. For example, China’s nuclear weapons…

Spotify surpasses 205 million paid subscribers and 489 million monthly active users – fourth quarter report

Spotify’s financial report for the fourth quarter of 2022 comes a week after the company announced that it was laying off 6% of its staff (just under…

DC Studios and James Gunn presented 10 new films and series of the superhero film universe

DC Studios and James Gunn, who is responsible, together with Peter Safran, for the development of the DC film universe, revealed the full list of tapes that…

The most interesting new films of February 2023

February cannot boast of a large number of interesting movie news. But let’s not forget that this is the shortest month of the year. In addition, the…

The main trailer of the animated film “Mavka. Forest Song” based on Lesya Ukrainka’s play (premiere – March 2, 2023)

A month before the national film premiere, the Animagrad studio published the second trailer of the animated film “Mavka. Forest Song”. In the video, viewers will see…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *