The national holiday on January 21 is known as Omelyan day, Omelyan winter.
Christians celebrate a church holiday on January 21 in honor of Saint Omelyan.
In ancient times, this day was usually very turbulent, with heavy blizzards and storms. Therefore, on January 21, they tried not to leave the house unnecessarily and not to let children outside. The day was dedicated to needlework and cooking. Winters have become much warmer these days due to global warming.
If the weather was calm, then on January 21 we went to visit the godfathers. The best man and best man brought treats, and also gave a towel and soap with which to bathe the godson. On the table was placed jelly, boiled egg and soup made of offal.
What not to do on January 21
- The day is considered not very successful for creativity, employment and creative projects.
- On this day, you should not go to the forest, to the mountains and to the river, because nature is dangerous and unpredictable on this day.
Weather signs on January 21
- The south wind on this day predicts frequent summer thunderstorms.
- If it snows all day, then the rest of January will be snowy.
- Our ancestors noticed that if it is frosty on this day, spring will be cold.
- The windows in the house were fogged up – to the point of thawing.
- If the birds do not descend to the ground, the weather will soon deteriorate.