On January 21, it became known that many movie releases of the spring-summer period may be postponed to a later date. A day later, this information was confirmed – Sony has postponed five films, including the film adaptation of Uncharted and “Morbius”. Universal followed the same path.
The decision to postpone the dates was allegedly made by some studios against the backdrop of a weak start of the Wonder Woman sequel at the worldwide box office. Now, for example, a new Bond film, which was supposed to start in early April, is slated for October 8th.
- Uncharted – July 16, 2021 to February 11, 2022
- «Охотники за привидениями: Наследники» — с 11 июня на 11 ноября 2021
- Cinderella – from February 5 to July 16, 2021
- «Кролик Питер 2» — со 2 апреля на 11 июня 2021
- Morbius – from October 8, 2020 to January 21, 2022
- 007: No Time to Die – April 2 to October 8
- “Nobody” by Ilya Naishuller – from February to April 2
- Last Night in Soho by Edgar Wright – April to October 22
- Ambulance by Michael Bay with Jake Gyllenhaal – February 18, 2022
It turns out that almost all major spring releases have been displaced. The exceptions are a few films, including Disney’s King’s Man: The Beginning, which is still slated to premiere in March, and Black Widow, which is due in May.