Due to the armed aggression of Russia on May 23, it was decided to establish additional regime restrictions within the border areas of the Kyiv, Zhytomyr and Rivne regions.
As the border guards explained, the restrictions were introduced to ensure measures to strengthen the national security and defense of Ukraine. The restrictions are temporary and will remain in effect until the end of martial law.
This was reported by the press service of the Rivne Regional State Administration with reference to the Zhytomyr border detachment.
The movement of civilians is prohibited in a strip of terrain immediately adjacent to the state border, 1000 meters wide, except for the territory of settlements directly adjacent to the state border.
Within up to 20 km from the state border of the Sarnensky and Varassky districts of the Rivne region, it is prohibited:
- movement of persons and vehicles, carrying out all types of work outside settlements from 22.00 pm to 05.00 am (or during curfew);
- movement and stay of persons in forest areas and forest belts (with the exception of employees of relevant institutions and organizations that are entrusted with the responsibility of monitoring the safety of natural resources. The movement and stay of these persons in forest areas and forest belts shall be carried out after informing the heads of state border guard units no later than 2 hours before the start of work and immediately informing after their completion);
- performance of all types of work, with the exception of: construction work performed in accordance with international agreements, work related to the elimination of the consequences of a natural disaster and foci of especially dangerous infectious diseases. Agricultural work is allowed to be carried out on the condition that the state border guard subdivision is informed in advance about their implementation and subject to the availability of supporting documents;
- transportation in vehicles of weapons and any means of active defense without appropriate permits;
- use of video recorders, photo and video filming of general roads, general purpose facilities, infrastructure facilities, checkpoints and fortifications, location, concentration or movement of military units (subdivisions) of the defense forces;
- the use of aircraft, any light-engine aircraft, quadrocopters and other unmanned aerial vehicles, air non-motorized vehicles (gliders, hang-gliders, balloons, airships);
- wear military uniforms (any elements of military uniforms) by the civilian population, except for members of the security and defense forces;
- organize and hunt;
- fishing, conducting various types of recreation, sailing all types of watercraft on rivers, lakes, and other water bodies located within the border strip. The release of small-sized watercraft on rivers, lakes, and other water bodies that are within the border strip should be carried out only with the permission of the head of the state border protection unit.
“The restrictions do not apply to representatives of military formations, law enforcement agencies, civil protection agencies, public utilities, emergency medical care, other state and communal property entities that ensure the maintenance of infrastructure facilities and provide humanitarian, social services to the population (in the performance of their official duties). ),” the Regional State Administration explained.
Recall that additional restrictions were introduced within the Odessa, Belgorod-Dniester and Bolgrad border regions of the Odessa region.